In late 2009, at the invitation of an owner firm, Deltaway conducted a global audit of this power plant, which had a four-year history of declining performance.
Our facility makeover optimized the plant’s steam cycle for increased power production and modified the combustion control logic to stabilize combustion and reduce emissions and equipment wear.
• Increased power sold from 393 Gwh to 509 Gwh
• Increased waste processed from 1,163,000/yr to 1,341,000/yr
• Reduced outage duration by 73%
• Reduced outage cost by 55%
• Increased boiler availability from 84.2% to 93.4%